Our 3 Day trip in Washington D.C. was a spur of the moment. For the remaining days of our stay in the USA, we had no idea on what to do. My aunt suggested that we go visit Washington D.C. because there are a lot of things one can do there.
G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N
- Originally, a land trip to Washington D.C. from New Hampshire should take you around 7-8 hours. But because of traffic and we had a lot of stops along the way, it took us 11 hours.
- There are a lot of museums in Washington D.C. The nice thing about these museums is that it is free entrance. Since there are a lot of museums, you won’t be able to finish all of the museums in a day or two. You need to allot at least a week in order to fully appreciate the museums. The museums we went to are the following : National Museum of the American Indian, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, National Museum of American History.
- To buy food and drinks is expensive! I suggest you bring your own food and water bottle. There are water fountains – be it in the park or museums. So, there is no reason for you to not bring any water bottle with you.
- Aside from visiting the museums, there were the major attractions like The Pentagon, Lincoln Memorial and The White House. If you were not able to go to any of these major attractions, you haven’t fully experienced Washington D.C.
- Since we went during a summer season, expect the weather to be humid. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes so that you can properly walk around Washington D.C.
- There are Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tours in Washington D.C. But, I only recommend this tour if you don’t have enough time to explore or with someone who can’t stand long walks.
- If you are on a budget, staying outside of Washington D.C. You can always take the Metro. In our case, we decided to stay in Best Western Hotel located at College Park, Maryland.
- Truth be told, there are still a lot of museums and attractions that I will have to check out in Washington D.C.
Below are the photos I took during our 3 Day Stay in Washington D.C. :
- Abraham Lincoln Memorial
2. Washington Monument
3. The White House
4. National Museum of American Indian
5. National Air and Space Museum
6. Smithsonian Institution
7. Holocaust Memorial Museum
8. National Museum of American History
Care to share other museums worth going to in Washington D.C.? Leave a comment down below!