In one of my classes back in college, we would get to talk about different kinds of artworks. From classical to modern artworks, these caught my attention. As we get to discuss more about these different artworks in class, the Museum of Modern Art would constantly be shown in discussions. I told myself that I should definitely visit this museum when I get the chance to go back to New York. Lo and behold, mom and I were able to go back to New York. Among all the museums I had to see in New York, I made sure that Museum of Modern Art will be the very first museum I should visit.
Museum of Modern Art, known as MoMA, is an art museum located at Midtown Manhattan of New York City. Different kinds of modern and contemporary artwork can be found in this museum. There are 2 locations for this museum but I was only able to go to one since we lacked time.
G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N
- Address: 11 West 53 Street, New York, NY 10019
- Open from 10:30am til 5:30pm, 7 days/week
- Ticket Adult Price: $25, Seniors: $18, Students: $14
- 16 yrs. old and below are considered free entrance
H E L P F U L T I P S
- If you love going to museums, I highly suggest that you only visit one museum in a day! You’ll get burned out and overwhelmed from seeing too much.
- I suggest that you start early for this museum. It’s a big museum so you’ll be seeing a lot of artworks. The line to buy tickets also tends to get long.
- Since time was of an essence, we had no choice but to hurry up. We were only able to stay in the museum around 2-3 hours. So I highly suggest that you take your time when visiting museums.
- There are audio guides if you want to know the story behind these artworks.
From Andy Warhol’s “Campbell” artwork to Van Gogh’s “Starry Starry Night”, these artworks made a different impact on how I was able to view art. Without further ado, allow me to share the different artworks found in MoMA.
Andy Warhol – Campbell Artwork
Andy Warhol – Marilyn Monroe
Vincent Van Gogh – Starry Starry Night