Usually, I write these Life Lately posts because I don’t get to post any new content. This session of my Life Lately post is more on finding my motivation to keep on going. I also feel like I haven’t been myself these past few days. I always have this routine: wake up, take a shower, get ready for work, attend work, go home, go to the gym and/or continue watching missed series and go to sleep. But as I lay down, I feel like the world is eating me up alive. I tend to feel the pressure on my chest.
In order to motivate myself again, these were the things I did in order to get out of that funk:
- Last Saturday, I attended a HipHop dance class. I’m actually glad that I went back to dancing. Dancing has always been my passion and my 1st I can’t imagine myself without dance. For sure I’ll go berserk.
- A few days ago, I was able to talk to my college best friend. I told her that the feeling of loneliness crept towards me and I’m tired of being strong all the time. It came to the point that I even told her that I just want to break down my walls. She totally knows how strong of a person I am. But, she reminded me that sometimes I would need a time off from myself. Time off from reality and the people that tries to bring me down. Due to what she said, from the longest time, I broke down. She made me realize that it’s okay to break down. It doesn’t mean you are weak. It just shows how strong you have been towards your whole life. It also shows that we don’t have to be perfect because that’s what makes us human.
- Due to this talk with my college best friend, I decided to have my alone time by going to a coffee shop near home. I had a chill session in the coffee shop by watching a movie with a good iced coffee on hand.
- I had the opportunity to lie down on my bed and savor the moment. It felt comfortable and I wasn’t pressured to do anything that day.
- Last Sunday, I was able to watch an indie film called Baka Bukas. I watched this movie on my own. Little by little, I felt like I was getting out of the funk.
I know I still want to do a lot of things like travelling solo, to have my own business, etc. But I must take it step by step because I don’t want to pressure myself from doing all these things in a short amount of time. Also do know that despite everything I’m feeling right now, I am still open to listen about your problems. That is the kind of person I am. Always ready to lend a helping hand no matter what the situation is.
How have you been lately?